Brown Rice, Bean and Vegetable Salad:
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup short grain brown rice or Lundberg Jubilee Gourmet mixed whole grain brown rice blend
- 1 can Garbanzo beans 15oz- drain and rinsed
- 1 handful of raw chopped kale or green beans
- 2 carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- Parsley and scallions to garnish
- 5 to 6 Tablespoons of Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt fine ground
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or more to taste.
- whisk ingredients together.
Bring water to boil. Add rice and cook uncovered for 25 mins stirring occasionally.
Drain and rinse rice with cold water. Set aside.
In large bowl mix veggies, beans, and cooked rice. Add dressing to taste. Garnish with chopped fresh flat leaf parsley and scallions.
This salad can sit in the refrigerator overnight if using the next day for lunch with dressing on it.
Leave a Reply